Thursday, May 10, 2007

Jazz Combo Saturday


If I had a sandwich shop I'd name one of the sandwiches the Jazz Combo - that's probably one of the smarter things I would do as a sandwich shop owner. Good thing I don't own a sandwich shop.

Dick Kutch and friends will be playing at Insomnia Coffee Company this Saturday from 9-11 pm. Dick is a local artist and has been playing around these parts for some time. Should be a fun evening. How can you go wrong with jazz?

Until I had relatives with a coffee house I never hung around those kind of places, so I never got to know all the local talent. Now I have no excuse for not hearing the music. So far the shows have been real good.



“You hear about the Duke Ellingtons, the Jimmie Luncefords, and the Fletcher Hendersons, but people sometimes forget that jazz was not only built in the minds of the great ones, but on the backs of the ordinary ones.”
-
Cab Calloway

No comments: